Welcome to Easterseals Midwest's Young Professionals
Easterseals Midwest's Young Professionals is a diverse group of young leaders who are dedicated to supporting our mission to change the way the world views and defines disability by making profound differences in the people's lives every day.
We are a group of St. Louis current and future leaders, and young professionals (21-40 years old). Our Young Professionals council promotes our work through social and civic engagement. Members help elevate us by hosting events geared towards young professionals in order to increase awareness, encourage volunteerism and raise funds for Easterseals Midwest and its programs.
The Easterseals Midwest Young Professionals engage, inspire and empower young philanthropic professionals to provide support to Easterseals Midwest. As a member, you will have opportunities to volunteer, raise funds for Easterseals Midwest's programs, and organize social and networking events to bring awareness to our mission within the community.
The goal of Easterseals Midwest, and subsequently the Young Professionals, is to provide services and support to directly improve the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities. We believe that all people should be treated with dignity and respect, all people should have choices and control of their own lives, and, all people can learn, live, work and participate in a community that values their contributions, regardless of their disability.
Membership on the council is a great way to meet and network with other community-minded young professionals, and to have fun while helping those with developmental disabilities and their families. Benefits include:
- Networking opportunities with young professionals, and Easterseals Midwest's Board of Directors, volunteers and donors
- Potential opportunity to serve on other Easterseals Midwest committees
- Name and company recognized on Easterseals Midwest's website
- Participate in Young Professionals events
- Professional development and partnership
- Valuable experience to be included on your resume
- Chances to learn about Easterseals Midwest success stories, upcoming events, and related news
- Opportunity to promote Easterseals Midwest's mission in the local community
To qualify for membership, you must have an interest in the mission of the Easterseals Midwest and a willingness to be an active participant in the council's work. Membership requires that you:
- Pay annual dues of $50
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Serve on a committee (Social, PR & Marketing, Finance, Advocacy, Volunteerism, Membership, Corporate Relations)
- Host at least one fundraising/social event with the group in support of Easterseals Midwest's mission every quarter
- Participate in at least one Easterseals Midwest service project or volunteer activity every quarter
Young Professionals Application
Young Professional Council Members
If you have a question about the Young Professionals, email us and we will be happy to get in touch with you.